Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Chapters I-IV Questions.

  1. Chapter I: What does Lewis mean by “real life” throughout the chapter? Lewis refers "real life" as the earthly pleasures that man sees and desires.  It is "life" without anything to do with God. It is focus on what the person can see, hear, touch, etc.  The person would be completely distracted by the physical things that he would not think anything about the spiritual things.
  2. Chapter II: What are your thoughts on church? Is it something you “do” every week? I think that church is very important.  Like school, church teaches us from Scripture about God and how we should live a godly life.  However, we must be willing to accept what is being taught.  Coming froma Christian family, I attend church every Sunday morning, but am unable to attend on Wednesday nights or Sunday nights due to my father's work.  I admit that sometimes it does get boring, but throughout the sermon, it gets better and I learn and grow more close to God.
  3. Chapter III: What are your "daily pinpricks" (Lewis, 11)? I seriously can not stand the beeping of microwaves. Although it's only three beeps that last for about 1-2 seconds, I always try to stop the microwave one second early. Actually any kind of loud and sudden noise bother me.
  4. Chapter III: Give an example or two of situations in which you have neglected the obvious (Lewis, 12). One day during summer, I knew that the rice was done cooking but I ignored it to continue playing games and didn't take the time to unplug it. The rice got overcooked, and my mom got mad at me.
  5. Chapter IV: What are your thoughts on prayer? Compare your prayer life to this chapter.  Prayer is a conversation with God.  Every Christian should be comfortable with praying.  Prayer can be anytime at any place.  You don't have to close your eyes like some people say that you have to, but it shows more respect to God.  My prayer life could use a lot of work.  I do pray, however, a lot of the time I only pray when i need help.  However, I put my whole faith in God while I pray instead of relying on how I feel and think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment